the down and disillusioned
"seventeen and strung out on confusion
trapped inside a roll of disillusion"
I'm talking to Viv online and we were talking about learning the guitar for fun, then Viv said that most people who play in bands are not in it 'just for fun', they're out looking for a chance to get signed and all.
Which is sort of true, but then again, the young people now, the young people on the cusp of life, full of big dreams, yeah, they want to go out, play, get signed, make it big, tour the world, get famous, get lots of money and live the life. Something like that.
(Amen I hear you.)
Anyway. When these people grow older, they get disillusioned. The lusture and the shine wears off the dream, the glitter gets rubbed off and soon they realise they have to grow up, find a job, work, support their families, live like every ordinary sad sod that they never wanted to be like.
That's when these kids start looking for other wandering waylaid souls to play in bands 'for fun'.
The world's not waiting for anyone, but hardly anyone can keep up anyway.
I feel so down. Down, down, down. I wish someone would pick me up but I'm bringing everyone down too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment